Friday, December 2, 2011

Flour sack maternity dress

      

Gosh I can't remember when I bought this, but I know I didn't realize what it was at the time - a flour sack maternity dress! Later when I saw the snaps on the waistline I figured it out. It is totally comfortable and wearable throughout pregnancy. Brilliant! I don't have any Christmas parties in my future, but if I did I would totally wear this. With tights and maybe a little red cardigan.

And hey! There is some fun stuff coming up on the blog next week, including a giveaway to one of my favorite Etsy shops and some silly 37 week bump photos. Thanks to all the new readers who hopped on board last month. It is great to have you here. Bon weekend!

Dress || thrifted  Shoes || No Carnations
1920s brooch || antique mall  1930s ring || in the shop!

10 comments:

oh, albatross said...

oh, that's perfectly clever. but i think you need some big fuzzy tights to keep you warm. think of all that snow outside!

steph.kelley said...

You are the most elegant pregnant woman I have ever seen in my life. And that is not just hyperbole, lady! :) Who needs a party when you look so smashing — wear that sucker around the grocery store! Or make Husband take you out dancing....(Hee hee! Hi Husband!) Looking forward to the next bump pics. xoxoxoxo

ElleSee said...

That dress is wonderful! I wish I had something like that to wear during my pregnancy...and after :)

Maria Casteel said...

i love this dress. you're so gorgeous!!!

rebecca s. said...

the dress is superb! you look so beautiful in it, too!

Irene :: { Heirloom Attire } :: said...

What an ingenious design! And you look lovely in it with your pretty red shoes!

No Carnations said...

You look snazzy!

Francesca _Syrah said...

you're gorgeous! bellissima!!

Anonymous said...

I love flour sack dresses! The prints are always so great. You look beautiful in yours! x

abigail said...

you look so cute! and that vintage dress is GENIUS! I kept scratching my head about making something that I could wear both when I was prego and then when I wasn't any more, but I couldn't figure out something that would be flattering... so it need happened. but this looks like a great idea. I'll have to save it for next time!

~abigail

aka @GrayDayShop and tiptoethrough.blogspot

Post a Comment