Monday, February 13, 2012

Necklaces for the Crawley Women






Watching Downton Abbey last night made me think about the accessories on the show. They are starting to change now, with more sautoirs and fewer choker-length, Edwardian necklaces as they approach the 1920s. Can you imagine how marvelous the jewelry box for the show must be? I'd like to go pawing through that, oh yes. 

I've had several necklaces in the shop over the last couple years (yes, it is almost my 2-year shop-versary!) that are Downton Abbey-worthy and I had fun paring them up with the Crawley ladies today. Not to match their dresses in these photos of course, but just to go with the lady and the era. In general, I think I've enjoyed Edith's accessories on the show the most (she almost always has a fantastic hair ornament!) with Her Ladyship coming in a close second. 

Note: All of these necklaces have found new homes except Lady Mary's, which is in the shop now.

Images courtesy of ITV

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

The first one is absolutely my style! I love it. The fourth one I own and was my grandmothers so that's pretty neat. What a great match up!

lauren said...

BRILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! ANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Carnations said...

You are spot on with the match and pairings! The 2nd one down is my favorite.

Wild Tea Party said...

So much fun! And I do like seeing my little festoon necklace there. I wear it so much.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!
I agree with you about Edith too. Her hair clips are always so beautiful.

Maria Casteel said...

yes totally brilliant. i just started watching the first season last week. i'm not sure why i was living under a rock for that long.

Unknown said...

simply breathtaking necklaces! oh to be able to dress in lush elegance like the Crawley women (minus the corsets of course).

RockRushIndia said...

Nice post. Buy necklace for women online here.

rocky said...

Nice collections and among all i like temple jewellery as they are trendy to wear on traditional attire.

Post a Comment