Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You don't have time to make this bread

I spotted this bread at the store this morning and thought the packaging was so great. This fancy rye bread is made the old, old, old fashioned way. Only wooden tools (bowls, boards, etc.) used to handle it, only branch-less wood used to fire the ovens, no yeast, left to rise for 36 hours, double-baked at 1000 and then 500 degrees, etc. Quite the story (here is a cute video about it). The promotional script promises that the bread will make one feel "lavishly nourished." I think those two words sound very good together! I'm planning a little outdoor adventure this weekend in the snow and cold . .  maybe I will pack some of this bread and some butter for the trip?

Have you tried a new food product lately that you've really enjoyed? Tea? Crackers? Cheese? Chocolate? I would love to hear about it.

{Images via}

3 comments:

No Carnations said...

Oh yes, that bread looks good. You are quite right. I DO NOT have time to bake that bread ;)
Have you ever had a Tim Tam explosion?
Tim Tam cookies and hot tea...earl gray for me.

Video here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMbrlxTIVtI

I buy them at Super Target :(, but some groceries with international aisles have them as well.

Melissa said...

I want this bread! It looks awesome but doesn't seem to have hit the west coast yet :(

I'm having a kimchi moment! I had no idea it was so easy to make but now I know what I'm doing every week.

steph.kelley said...

A couple vanilla-flavored rooibos teas and a hazelnut-oolong found their way into the cabinet recently. For the first time, I am a tea-drinker in the mornings! xoxoxox

Post a Comment