Sunday, May 5, 2013

Gatsby-era earrings

Actress Mary Nolan
Some 1920s earrings in my personal collection
NEW IN THE SHOP ▴ Faux pearl flapper dropsCzech glass 1920s drops

Short hair and long earrings go together. We see this for the first time in the 1920s when bobbed-haired flappers wore earrings dripping with rhinestones and pearls, sometimes reaching almost to their shoulders. Just as with sautoir necklaces and the heavily beaded chiffon dresses of the era, the more the earrings could *jump* and move while worn - and especially while dancing - the better.

I've just stocked two new pairs of flapper-era earrings in the shop, both of which could be very pretty on a bride!

P.S. I almost dropped my best pair of 1920s earrings down the bathroom sink once. You can see the play-by-play of that incident right here.

2 comments:

Wild Tea Party said...

Those green ones in your collection are pretty swish! I'm feeling the need to collect more 20s earrings for my collection... and more necklaces. Yes, just, more.

RockRushIndia said...

From simple sophistication to statement pairs, find the earrings that are perfect for you.

Post a Comment